Diagnostic & Surgery for Louisville area pet owners
Stony Brook Animal Hospital offers a wide-range of internal medical and diagnostic services to better treat your pet.
Routine surgeries are performed in our new state-of-the-art surgical suite. Stony Brook Animal Hospital
performs the highest level of patient monitoring and offers pre-surgical bloodwork before every surgical procedure. Every patient gets one-on-one special attention before, during and after their surgical operations. Stony Brook Animal Hospital’s caring staff is committed to only your pet during the entire surgery.
Blood work, radiographs (x-rays), ultrasound and other diagnostic procedures are important tools that can help find and diagnose serious health problems in your pet. Our hospital offers the following in-house diagnostic procedures:
- Hematology (blood work) — blood counts, blood chemistries, therapeutic medication monitoring, toxin and viral detection, etc.
- Fecal exams — Regular fecal exams are imperative to identify any internal parasites your pet may be carrying.
This is very important because some intestinal parasites are transmissable to humans.
- X-Rays — X-Rays and other radiographic procedures are a way to detect and diagnose a range of health problems in a non-invasive manner that is not stressful for your pet.
- Ultrasound — An ultrasound uses sound waves to create a picture of the inside of your pet’s body. It is an extremely useful tool for evaluating the abdomen and the heart and can provide information that x-rays do not. It is a very safe, non-invasive procedure. We have a board certified veterinary radiologist perform all of our scans.
- Doppler blood pressure — Doppler provides an extremely accurate reading of your pet’s blood pressure.
- Electrocardiogram — An electrocardiogram (ECG) is useful in monitoring your pet’s heart rate and detecting any abnormalities that may be present.
When advanced diagnostic tests are needed, we will send tests to some of the best veterinary laboratories in the country.